There are three phases to the wound-repair process! At Acu-Med Integrative Medicine LLC we are able to assess your specific situation and create the best treatment plan for you. Contact out team today for more information about skin tightening in Waukesha.
How Skin Tightening and Facial Rejuvenation IN Waukesha wORKS
1.) Inflammation: Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
2.) Proliferation: The wound is rebuilt with new granulation cells, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
3.) Remodeling: The wound is replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels.
What to Expect from a SkinPen Treatment
- A plan for optimal results Your physician may recommend a course of procedures based on your individual goals. Maintenance of your procedure might require multiple treatments.
- A comfortable procedure Based on your needs, your physician will likely apply a topical numbing agent to the treatment area.
- A short procedure time The treatment will likely take about 30 minutes.
- A mild sensation Most patients report feeling only the slight vibration of SkinPen during the procedure.
- Minimal post-procedure effects The skin will appear slightly pink to red immediately post-procedure, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn. The most common treatment responses experienced were dryness, rough skin, tightness, redness, itching, peeling, discomfort, tenderness, and burning. These conditions resolved over time without any further complications.
- Soothing aftercare Your clinician will provide Skinfuse® LIFT, a clean, non-cytotoxic hydrogel used to prevent the skin from drying out post-treatment.
- An effective post-procedure protocol Your provider might recommend an aftercare regimen. Ask about Skinfuse, Bellus Medical’s 90-day protocol specifically formulated to support your skin following microneedling.